Monday, March 4, 2013

Welcome!

Hello!  This blog has been in the works in my heart and mind for a little while now.  Please bear with me as I try my hand at it.  I enjoy writing but I am not a writer.  And I use a lot of exclamation points!  Then I try to compensate for that and get all serious and even melancholy....can you say SICK?  Oh and lots of capital letters, too.  If you can get past all the foibles, hopefully what comes through is my joy, thanksgiving and lessons learned.  I am blessed.  Everything here has pretty much come from my devotional times with God and therefore anything good that may land here is credit to Him alone. Anything not so good?  Well that's probably me flying solo .... and for that I apologize in advance.

I am so thankful for my husband and daughters.  Most often the mistakes I have made and continue to make within those sacred relationships are the very fuel for the chats between God and me.   The result of which is what might end up here on these pages.  I am also thankful for my parents who introduced me to the knowledge of God.  For my sister who also has been much inspiration.  And for my dear, dear friend Debbie.  She was the very first person I ever got to know who was really walking this faith thing out.  In every day life.  Unashamedly.  And I wanted it.  Didn't know how to get it, but I wanted it!  Don't get me wrong.  I have met lots of people who really love God.  She was just the first I could really see that in.  And like I said, I wanted it.  I cannot go without thanking the pastors and bible teachers I have been blessed to sit under.  Thank you all for being so darn smart! 

My hope is that you just might find encouragement; more important than in my ramblings, in the Scriptures that have inspired them.  God's Word IS alive and active.  He WILL speak to your very present situation.  Lend your ear to Him. You will find HOPE.  If you are looking for it.

H.  You might as well be completely HONEST with Him.  He knows the truth anyway. He even knows your (mine, too) true motives.  When we don't!  Isn't that great?  And He knows why our motives might be a tad messed up.  When we are just SURE that they are pure!

O.  Are you OPEN to really hearing what He has to say?  I promise you don't need to be afraid to hear it.  He is ever so gentle.

P.  His PROMISES are true.  He really does want the best for us.  He loves us!

EEVERLASTING.  He doesn't change.  What was best for His people thousands of years ago is best for us today.  Although His ways are not necessarily our ways, or the way of the present culture, they are right and they will NEVER lead to negative consequences.  Isn't that enough of a reason all on it's own?

So there you have it.  Let's give it a whirl and see what happens!  No promises.

Be blessed :)

Connie



No comments: